American Honda Honors Top Suppliers for 2017
9/12/2017 7:30:00 PM
TORRANCE, Calif., 2017 – Fifteen suppliers received American Honda's Premier Partner Award from Executive Vice President of Automotive Operations Masayuki Igarashi in a special ceremony held today in Torrance, Calif. In addition to these honors, American Honda also presented a new accolade, the Impact & Excellence Award, to a company nominated for a Premier Partner Award. This year's award recipients were selected from a pool of more than 1,000 eligible companies, as nominated by American Honda associates.
The Premier Partner Award winners represent multiple industries and include small businesses and minority-owned operations. These suppliers play an important role in supporting Honda businesses and operations, including Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products and general purpose engines. Five of this year's 15 winners are first-time recipients.
"This outstanding group of Premier Partner Award recipients demonstrates our shared commitment to exceptional customer service," said Charles Harmon, Senior Manager - Administration Division, American Honda. "They are valued members of the extended Honda family, and we thank them for their dedication and contributions to Honda's success."
The 2017 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients are:
- Alpha Omega Solutions, Inc. of Brea, Calif. for providing business management and analytics tools for automotive and motorcycle dealerships
- Altura Associates, Inc. of Irvine, Calif. for providing consulting and development services for the Honda Environmental Leadership "Green Dealer " Program
- Atlantic Container Line AB of Westfield, N.J. for providing international transporting services
- BI Worldwide of Minneapolis, Minn. for development and execution of customer engagement programs
- Brando, Inc. of Dana Point, Calif. for providing experiential marketing services for the motorcycle and UTV/ATV segments
- C.A.R. Transport, Inc. of Burleson, Texas for fleet management
- Data Linkage Software of Torrance, Calif. for software development
- GDA of Naples, Fla. for providing sales and management training
- Lithocraft Company of Anaheim, Calif. for providing printed accessory collateral for dealerships
- MullenLowe of Boston, Mass. for providing integrated marketing support for the Acura brand
- Rhythm of Irvine, Calif. for providing digital media solutions
- RPA of Santa Monica, Calif. for integrated, full-service advertising support
- Strategic Business Communications, Inc. of Poway, Calif. for providing training and consulting services
- Targetbase of Irving, Texas for marketing strategy and consultation, and development and management of proprietary customer databases
- Tyco Integrated Security of Boca Raton, Fla. for providing electronic security services
This year, American Honda also recognized Andrew Woods & Associates (AWA) with the inaugural Impact & Excellence Award. The honor is presented to a company that has demonstrated impact based on its contribution to the American Honda enterprise. With nearly 20 years of service, AWA continues to provide public relations support to American Honda, Honda North America and other Honda companies on a global basis.
Supporting Small Businesses and Supplier Diversity
Honda is committed to the establishment of long-term relationships with all of its suppliers based on mutual benefit and trust. The company works to bring greater diversity to its supply base by assisting potential ethnic minority and women-owned suppliers with workshops and other educational opportunities. The workshops provide a greater understanding of a variety of important issues including strategic alliances, capitalization and empowerment programs.
The Premier Partner Program was established in 1998 to recognize suppliers who embrace American Honda's philosophy of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Honda established operations in America in 1959 and now employs more than 40,000 associates in its North American sales, R&D and manufacturing operations with total capital investment in North America exceeding $22 billion.
Based on its longstanding commitment to "build products close to the customer," Honda operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America producing a wide range of Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products, such as lawn mowers, mini-tillers and general purpose engines, and the HondaJet advanced light jet.
Nine Honda auto plants in the region, including five in the U.S., have the capacity to produce 1.92 million automobiles each year. In 2016, more than 68 percent of the Honda and Acura automobiles sold in the U.S. were produced in the U.S. Those plants today manufacture 17 different models, including nine passenger cars and eight light trucks using domestic and globally sourced parts. Honda also operates 16 major research and development centers in the U.S. with the capacity to fully design, develop and engineer many of the products Honda produces in North America.
# # #