2018 Honda NM4 Features and Benefits
4/4/2017 4:00:00 PM
Ever since it debuted in concept form at the 2014 Osaka Motorcycle Show, Honda's NM4 has been an attention-getter and conversation-starter, its provocative, futuristic design setting it apart as something completely different. Though Japan-centric in conception, the NM4's anime styling has developed somewhat of a cult following internationally, thanks in part to the fact that the outlandish looks are matched by solid performance. A low center of gravity, enabled in part by the forward-rotated mounting of the powerful, liquid-cooled 670cc parallel-twin engine, results in a comfortable, light-handling motorcycle with a low-slung, feet-forward cockpit from which it's very easy to reach the ground at stops. The passenger seat converts into a flip-up, adjustable backrest, and the bodywork provides ample wind protection and four separate storage compartments. Gear changes are accomplished via a high-tech, smooth-shifting Dual Clutch Transmission, which has standard and sport automatic modes but can also be manually shifted via handlebar-mounted buttons. The innovative, customizable LED dash display features color-coding for the transmission modes and delivers a host of information, including fuel-mileage tracking. Competent for applications from commuting to cruising, the NM4 more than holds its own on the road. Just don't expect to go incognito.
- Sophisticated, liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque for a linear and smooth power delivery.
- Second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sportier riding and D for everyday use.
- Twin engine balancer shafts quell vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted floorboards also add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- Neo-futuristic styling highlights Honda's capabilities for innovation.
- Remarkably low seat height of 25.6 inches along with the 62-degree forward angle of the cylinder assembly help create a very low center of gravity, making the NM4 feel distinctly nimble and fun to ride.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS) provides full antilock functionality for secure braking action.
- Full LED lighting for the headlight, taillight and turn signals gives bright illumination and a distinctive appearance with reduced power draw.
- Convertible passenger seat flips up to provide a backrest for the rider; three-way adjustable for lean angle, four-way adjustable for fore-and-aft positioning.
- Integrated storage includes two saddlebags plus two storage pockets in the upper cowl.
- Rider floorboards for added comfort.
- Large 18-inch front wheel and fat rear wheel with 200mm tire lend a distinctive look.
- High-tech meter display can be set to any of 25 different colors. Stock settings alter by drive mode: white for Neutral; blue for D; pink for S; red for MT.
Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Passenger Backrest, Rear Seat Cowl, Tall Windscreen, Heated Grips
WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
- Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.