Honda Marine and H2O Sports Manufacturing, LLC Launch Blackshear Line
6/17/2016 4:52:00 PM
- Alliance to provide all-new, Honda-powered, Blackshear brand V-bottom skiffs
- The lineup will initially consist of two boat models built by H2O Sports Manufacturing, LLC in Americus, Georgia
- New line of boats enables H2O Sports Manufacturing to expand facility and increase employment with 30 new jobs by end of 2016
ALPHARETTA, GA – Today, Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., and H2O Sports Manufacturing, LLC announced a new partnership agreement for the production of the Blackshear line of salt water skiffs exclusively powered by Honda Marine engines.
Honda Marine is a marketer of a complete range of outboard marine 4-stroke engines. H2O Sports Manufacturing is a boat builder of high quality Clearwater Sport Fishing Boats, Cape Craft Sport Fishing Boats and Outcast Skiffs.
According to the terms of the agreement, H2O Sports Manufacturing will produce a new lineup of Blackshear skiffs, to be powered by Honda Marine engines. Initially, the lineup will consist of two V-bottom skiffs, the 200VSK and the 220VSK, incorporating the latest boat-building technology. Honda Marine will supply H2O with selected outboard engine models from its Mid-Range BF Series (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90 and BF100) and High Power BF Series (BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, and BF250) as original equipment for these new Blackshear models.
"We are excited to launch our partnership with H2O Sports Manufacturing providing customers and dealers great value and outstanding quality in the skiff segment of the recreational boating market," said Mark DiPietro, senior manager, Honda Marine. "With class-leading performance, outstanding fuel efficiency and the reliability that boat owners value, Honda Marine engines will be power matched for optimal performance for the new Blackshear line of boats."
Founded in 2014, H2O Sports Manufacturing has a solid network of more than 30 dealers in the southeast, with plans to double the size of its network within the next year. In addition, the company is expanding its manufacturing and employee footprint in Americus, Georgia. H2O is working with the Georgia Environmental Protection Division and local and state agencies to move its manufacturing operations into an upgraded 500,000 square foot facility that puts a rehabilitated brownfield site back into use. The addition of the Blackshear line of skiffs to the current H2O lineup is expected to create 30 new jobs by the end of 2016.
"We are proud to be a partner with Honda Marine, which has earned a reputation among OEMs as a highly respected provider of marine engines known for exceptional fuel economy, performance and reliability," said Chad Roberson, President – H2O Sports Manufacturing, LLC.
Spotlight On Honda Marine Outboards
The BF40 – BF250 range of Honda Marine outboards incorporates innovative, advanced design elements, making these engines the leading outboard choice among today's boating enthusiasts. Depending on the model, a number of Honda Exclusives are integrated into the design of these mid-range and high-power outboards:
- Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®) System dramatically improves hole shot and acceleration by advancing ignition spark timing to within one degree of the knock limit during "hammer down" acceleration. The Engine Control Module (ECM) then steps in to increase injector timing, creating a more potent air/fuel mixture. The resulting boost in available torque at low rpm contributes to a strong hole shot to get the boat up on plane quickly. The ignition spark timing is appropriately adjusted under slower throttle advancement, ensuring a leaner air/fuel mix and class-leading fuel efficiency. (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control™ (VTEC™), a Honda exclusive, utilizes mild cam lobes to operate intake valves at low rpm, then engages a high-output lobe for higher-rpm operation. The exclusive design provides a unique blend of power, torque, and efficiency at any speed. (BF90, BF100, BF150, BF225, BF250)
- Intelligent Shift and Throttle™ (Drive by Wire iST™) provides effortless, electronic shifting via a compact under-the-cowl design. (BF250)
- Lean Burn Control™ automatically adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load while maximizing power throughout the acceleration range – providing as much as 20 percent greater fuel efficiency in cruise mode (2,000 to 4,500 rpm). (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
- 3-Way Cooling System reduces engine heat by allowing the cylinder head to run slightly cooler than the cylinder block, greatly reducing engine wear. (BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150)
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System, a patented double-sealed, multi-layer paint process, fights off corrosion from harsh marine environments. The base is a corrosion-resistant Honda aluminum alloy, followed by a double-sealed treatment, an epoxy primer undercoat, and an acrylic resin metallic coating, finished with a clear overcoat of acrylic. (BF2.3 – BF250)
- Engine Command System constantly accepts input from 18 different sensors to help deliver clean starts, smooth operation, strong performance and excellent fuel efficiency. (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
For more than 50 years, Honda Marine, which pioneered 4-stroke technology, has set new benchmarks for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions with its comprehensive line of 4-stroke outboard engines that share the same unparalleled durability, quality and reliability of its legendary automobiles and motorcycles. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
# # #
Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of marine outboard motors. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by four-stroke engines. Honda pioneered four-stroke engine technology and has been designing and building four-stroke outboard engines for more than 50 years, setting the benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
Follow Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment news and video on: