The Honda Power Of Boating Celebration: Sales Promotion to Launch the 2016 Boating Season
3/18/2016 2:40:00 PM
- New sales promotion supports dealers and consumers for spring purchase season
- Sales campaign provides incentives for range of Honda outboards
Honda Marine announces The Honda Power Of Boating Celebration, a new sales promotion geared to supporting dealers and their customers—consumers who want to choose Honda Marine outboards during the 2016 spring marine purchase season. The promotion, in place now and running through June 3, 2016, provides attractive incentives to buyers of a wide range of legendary, innovative 4-stroke Honda Marine outboard engine models.
The sales campaign allows buyers to choose between cash incentives or Honda Marine accessories. Buyers can save as much as $700 instantly or choose a stainless propeller and engine cover with the purchase of any new Honda Marine outboard engine, in models ranging from the BF40 through the BF250. The qualifying engines are mid-range and high-power models equipped with Honda exclusives that set industry standards of quality reliability and performance.
The Honda Power Of Boating Celebration includes the following models and incentives:
||$700 rebate or stainless prop and engine cover|
||$600 rebate or stainless prop and engine cover|
||$500 rebate or stainless prop and engine cover|
||$400 rebate or stainless prop and engine cover|
"Premium quality, reliability, technology and fuel efficiency have made Honda an automotive legend, and those same strengths are built into every Honda Marine outboard engine," said Mark DiPietro, senior manager, Honda Marine. "Equally important for owners of Honda Marine engines, all new Honda outboard engines sold for recreational use offer an industry-best True 5-year, non-declining limited factory warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first."
Additional details about The Honda Power Of Boating Celebration are available at authorized Honda Marine dealers or online at marine.honda.com. This Honda Marine sales promotion also runs concurrently with the Honda Dream Garage Sales Event: from now through May 8, Honda is offering consumers special purchase pricing deals on a vast array of Honda products ranging from cars to motorcycles, ATVs, and outdoor power equipment. For more information on the Honda Dream Garage Sales Event, please visit www.honda.com.
"Between these two spring promotions, Honda offers an incredible range of products that no other company can match—offerings that bring advanced performance and technological innovation to consumers across a range of applications," added DiPietro.
Spotlight On Honda Marine Outboards
The BF40 – BF250 range of Honda Marine outboards included in The Honda Power Of Boating Celebration incorporate innovative, advanced design elements, making these engines leading outboard choice among today's boating enthusiasts. Depending on the model, a number of Honda Exclusives are incorporated into the design of these mid-range and high-power outboards:
- Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®) System dramatically improves hole shot and acceleration by advancing ignition spark timing to within one degree of the knock limit during 'hammer down' acceleration. The Engine Control Module (ECM) then steps in to increase injector timing, creating a more potent air/fuel mixture. The resulting boost in available torque at low rpm contributes to a strong hole shot to get the boat up on plane quickly. The ignition spark timing is appropriately adjusted under slower throttle advancement, ensuring a leaner air/fuel mix and class-leading fuel efficiency. (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control™ (VTEC™), a Honda exclusive, utilizes mild cam lobes to operate intake valves at low rpm, then engages a high-output lobe for higher-rpm operation. The exclusive design provides a unique blend of power, torque, and efficiency at any speed. (BF90, BF100, BF150, BF225, BF250)
- Intelligent Shift and Throttle™ (Drive by Wire iST™) provides effortless, electronic shifting via a compact under-the-cowl design. (BF250)
- Lean Burn Control™ automatically adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load while maximizing power throughout the acceleration range – providing as much as 20 percent greater fuel efficiency in cruise mode (2,000 to 4,500 rpm). (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
- 3-Way Cooling System reduces engine heat by allowing the cylinder head to run slightly cooler than the cylinder block, greatly reducing engine wear. (BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150)
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System, a patented double-sealed, multi-layer paint process, fights off corrosion from harsh marine environments. The base is a corrosion-resistant Honda aluminum alloy, followed by a double-sealed treatment, an epoxy primer undercoat, and an acrylic resin metallic coating, finished with a clear overcoat of acrylic. (BF2.3 – BF250)
- Engine Command System constantly accepts input from 18 different sensors to help deliver clean starts, smooth operation, strong performance and excellent fuel efficiency. (BF40, BF50, BF60, BF75, BF90, BF100, BF115, BF135, BF150, BF200, BF225, BF250)
Honda outboard marine engines deliver best-of-class features across the line, offering advanced technology and exclusive features that can't be found anywhere else. Honda Marine also sets the industry standard for customer satisfaction, having earned the National Marine Manufacturers Association Customer Satisfaction Index Award 12 years in a row.
All Honda outboard engines share the same unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability of legendary Honda automobiles. In addition, Honda Marine exclusively features four-stroke outboard engine technology for high fuel efficiency, quiet operation, and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the full line of Honda Marine current production models all certify to California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
# # #
Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of outboard marine engines. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by 4-stroke engines.
Information for media regarding Honda Marine products is available at www.hondanews.com.
For product inquiries and dealer locations, please visit marine.honda.com.
Connect with Honda Marine on Facebook by visiting http://facebook.com/hondamarine.