2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2 Features & Benefits
1/11/2009 5:27:00 PM
A big-bike look, street-rod styling and a muscular V-twin engine come together in a surprisingly affordable package that's perfect for cruising city streets as well as exploring back-country roads.
New for 2009
- New Candy Dark Red, Pearl White/Silver Pinstripe and Pearl Black/Red Pinstripe colors join Black.
- Stylish new 3-D emblems on Candy Dark Red and Black colors.
- A 21-inch front wheel for a narrow, custom look and light steering feel.
- Incredibly low 25.7-inch seat height.
- Big-bike looks and feel at a very attractive price.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Single 34mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section).
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Sleek 2-into-2 exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod look.
- Innovative frame design features large, steel-tube backbone reaching back from cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
- Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
- Handlebar design offers sporty, street-rod feel.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features attractive chrome instrument housing.
- Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
- Custom, integrated taillight design.
- Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Brilliant 60-/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Leather Saddlebags (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt (two styles: Studded or Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Saddlebag Liner Set.
- Chrome Accessories: Light Bar, Spotlight Visors, Backrest with Pad (two styles: Tall and Low), Backrest Trim (two styles: Tall and Low), Rear Carrier, Passenger Grabrails, Radiator Guard, Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Driveshaft Cover.
- Billet Accessories: Master-Cylinder Cap (four styles: Fluted, V Design, Neo-Retro and Chrome), Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, License-Plate Frame (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro).
- Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)