2018 Honda CRF250L Features and Benefits
11/6/2017 6:28:00 PM
- CRF250L ABS
Honda's 250cc class dual-sport is more than ready to take on exciting off-road challenges without giving up street-riding accommodations. The compact and sophisticated liquid-cooled DOHC 249cc single-cylinder four-stroke powerplant produces smooth and consistent torque at low rpm to aid off-road work, yet the short-stroke engine also spins up excellent high-rpm performance for the street. All through the rev range, the CRF250L pumps out a well-balanced and very capable level of power with good throttle response. Its off-road-oriented chassis, which includes a long-travel 43mm inverted fork and single-shock Pro-Link® rear suspension, makes the bike equally at home on city streets or country trails. And with styling cues carried over from Honda's incredible CRF450R motocross bike, the CRF250L offers the full package, whether the day calls for low-cost transportation, a weekday commute or genuine dual-sport adventure.
- 249.6cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine returns excellent fuel economy and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque.
- Roller rocker arm design for valve train allows for a compact cylinder head
- Engine counterbalancer enables smooth running.
- Fuel injection means the CRF250L models start right up, even in cold weather.
- Large, 38mm throttle body offers ideal response and power in low and midranges.
- Compact, two-chamber muffler paired to 38mm exhaust head pipe contributes to good peak power
- Steel frame offers solid performance on rough pavement or off-road trails.
- Inverted Showa fork features large 43mm sliders for excellent handling in on or off-road conditions.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension delivers excellent comfort, traction and handling, while also improving rider confidence.
- A 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheel open the door to a wide selection of tire choices for everything from serious off-road trail riding to smooth on-road adventures.
- Front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel, both for on-road and off-road use.
- Available Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) allows smooth, controlled stops in varying conditions.
- Long, motocross-style seat allows the rider to move forward and back, left and right with ease, helping you navigate changing terrain in comfort.
- Fold-up, frame-mounted passenger foot pegs enable a passenger to come along for the ride.
- Special cargo hooks make it easy to secure a light load to the passenger seat with bungee cords.
- Digital instrument cluster gives displays all pertinent information, including: Speedometer, clock, twin trip meter, fuel gauge, and more.
- CRF450R-inspired graphics give the CRF250L aggressive looks.
Meets current EPA and CARB standards
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment