2018 Honda CB500F Features and Benefits
11/6/2017 7:27:00 PM
- CB500F ABS
A great companion for around-town riding or even a ride through twisting canyon roads, the CB500F boasts excellent maneuverability, a comfortable riding position and a versatile engine with great performance across the rev range. Powered by a 471cc parallel-twin engine and available in standard or ABS versions, the CB500F also has an aggressive look.
- Liquid-cooled 471cc DOHC parallel-twin engine has good torque and a broad spread of power for maximum versatility.
- Four-valve cylinder head design incorporates a roller rocker arm for a compact layout along with minimal friction.
- Short muffler allows mass centralization and has a healthy exhaust note.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission.
- Shim-type valve-adjustment system allows incorporation of a light rocker-arm setup that in turn allows for a low valve-spring load to further reduce power losses through engine friction.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Neutral riding position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable.
- Aggressive bodywork creates a sharp, edgy character.
- LED headlights and taillight have a unique look and provide great visibility.
- User-friendly hinged fuel cap.
- Die-cast aluminum passenger foot pegs for a sporty feel.
- Front-brake lever has a five-step adjustment mechanism to suit rider preference.
- Fork has an external preload adjuster to allow adaptation to the situation (i.e., riding with passenger, cargo).
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Big 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast-aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, real-time and average fuel consumption.
- Low seat height helps build rider confidence.
One-year, transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment