Honda Aircraft Company, Inc. World Headquarters & Production Facility - Fact Sheet
6/27/2007 3:15:00 PM
Honda Aircraft Company, Inc., will manage the research, development, sales, marketing and manufacturing of the advanced light jet, HondaJet, at a world headquarters facility at Piedmont Triad International (PTI) airport in Greensboro, North Carolina. Ground was broken for the new facility in June 2007. The new facility will replace the company's existing 32,000 square foot hangar and office complex at PTI. Honda is working with the U.S. Green Building Council to earn the organization's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
|Location:||Piedmont Triad International Airport, Greensboro, N.C.|
|Facility Size:||369,000 sq. ft. (219,000 sq. ft. of office, R&D, and hangar space / 150,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space)|
|Site Size:||83 acres|
|Capital Investment:||$100 million (includes equipment)|
|Production Capacity:||Approximately 100 units per year|
|Employment:||Total employment - approximately 350|
|Timeline of Activity:||Month/Year||Activity|
|Feb 2007||Location announcement|
|Spring 2008||Office and hangar to be completed|
|(In design phase)||Production facility to be completed|
Green Building Features (initial list):
- Highly reflective roof will reduce heat gain in the building, reducing cooling needed
- Dual-paned low-e glass windows will reduce the amount of solar heat gain.
- Exterior steel wall panels will have almost 30% recycled content. Little or no jobsite waste will be generated, as the panels are fabricated to specific dimensions at the factory.
- Concrete slab and footings will have fly ash content of up to 25% resulting in energy savings and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Structural steel will be US steel with guaranteed 25% to 90% recycled content.
- It is anticipated that approximately 75% of construction waste, such as concrete, glass, drywall, and steel, which typically ends up in the landfill, will be recycled.
- Materials and finishes and building components will be specified based on proximity to the job site to reduce emissions from truck traffic. Honda specifies products from manufacturers who are committed to producing their products in an environmentally responsible manner.