2018 Honda Rebel Features & Benefits
9/6/2017 6:01:00 AM
- Rebel 500 ABS
- Rebel 500
- Rebel 300 ABS
- Rebel 300
Offering a fresh take on custom cool, the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 mix old- and new-school style and are engaging and fun to ride, with an outlook geared toward firing the imagination of a younger generation of riders. Development for both models began in the U.S., with the objective of referencing a timeless look while also introducing a forward-thinking, contemporary style all their own. Both feature straightforward, minimalist designs with low, lean bobber silhouettes, and are fun to ride slow and fast—great for day trips, jaunts to the coffee shop, or even sporty sessions on winding roads. Accessible, fun to ride, and easy to live with, the models go their own way but are also blank canvases, ready for whatever their owners' imaginations have in store.
- Both models' riding positions are relaxed and neutral, with arms gently outstretched and feet dropping straight down to the mid-mounted pegs.
- Good ground clearances allow surprisingly sporty lean angles.
- To support the Rebel's low-slung look, its attractive tubular-steel frame holds the engine in three places and is designed to be as narrow as possible around the rider's inseam. Trail is set at 110mm with 28° rake.
- The 41mm fork stanchions are set wide at 230mm apart for handling rigidity, comfort and style, and the lower legs are blacked-out.
- Fork angle is 30°, wheelbase is 58.7 in. wheelbase and seat height is 27.2 in., resulting in balanced, neutral steering.
- Frame body has a narrow shape and includes an innovative rear loop that separates the seat from the stamped-metal rear fender.
- Dunlop tires (size 130/90-16 front, 150/80-16 rear) are mounted to 16 inch cast-aluminum wheels.
- Both the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 are available in standard and ABS versions.
- Iconic peanut-shaped fuel tanks, aggressively raked front ends and fat tires on large-diameter wheels result in stripped forms that express offbeat individuality from every angle.
- Blacked-out 45mm tubular swingarm with twin conventional, side-mounted shocks that feature two-step preload adjusters.
- Evocative round headlight sits up high in a die-cast aluminum mount.
- Speedometer is a compact dial with negative LCD display and blue backlight.
- Ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank.
- Rebel 500 is powered by a 471cc, eight-valve, liquid-cooled parallel twin with strong bottom-end torque and a smooth, linear power delivery.
- Rebel 500 cylinder head uses roller rocker arms; shim-type valve adjustment allows them to be light, for lower valve-spring load and reduced friction.
- Rebel 500 has a silent (SV Chain) cam chain, with the surface of its pins treated with Vanadium to reduce friction through its increased protection against dust. Inlet-valve diameter is 26.0mm with exhaust-valve diameter of 21.5mm.
- Rebel 500 has reduced friction through the addition of striations on the piston skirt (a finish that increases surface area, introducing gaps in which oil can flow for better lubrication). An AB 1 salt bath process, used after isonite nitriding, forms a protective oxidization membrane.
- Rebel 500 crankshaft pins are phased at 180°, and a primary couple-balancer sits behind the cylinders, close to the bike's center of gravity. The primary and balancer gears use scissor gears, reducing noise. The crank counterweight is specifically shaped for couple-balance and its light weight allows the engine to spin freely, with reduced inertia.
- Rebel 500 crankcases use centrifugally cast thin-walled sleeves. Their internal design reduces the “pumping” losses that can occur with a 180° phased firing order. A deep oil sump holds 3.2 liters.
- Rebel 300 is powered by a peppy 286cc single cylinder engine.
- Six-speed gearbox is designed to offer effortless changes.
- Blacked-out mechanical components for a tough, minimalist look.
- Specially designed muffler looks good and emits a pulsating exhaust note.
A full range of official Honda Accessories are available for this model, including Passenger Seat and Foot Pegs Kit, Rear Carrier, Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Cycle Cover, Accessory Socket, Meter Visor, and more.
WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment