2018 Honda Pioneer 500 Features & Benefits
8/22/2017 4:00:00 PM
The industry's top-selling entry side-by-side is both beginner-friendly and expertly tuned; it can be easily operated by a first-time side-by-side owner and still be enjoyed by an experienced pilot. In the dirt, its longitudinally mounted four-stroke engine allows for comfortable cruising, while the automatic five-speed (plus reverse) gearbox can be operated in both automatic and manual modes for superb ascending, skillful rock crawling, and dependable exploration. Although compact in design to fit easily in garages, full-size pick-up-truck beds, and narrow trails, the Pioneer 500's 8.5-inch ground clearance and 450-pound payload capacity are nothing to scoff at. For those unsure where to begin the journey into the world of off-road recreation or work, the capable Pioneer 500 is a great place to start.
Engine / Drivetrain
- Gearbox has five speeds with reverse, and owners can change between fully automatic and manual electric shift via a toggle switch. The automatic mode can be overridden on the fly with steering-column-mounted paddle shifters.
- Fuel-injected 475cc engine provides great performance and excellent fuel efficiency in a variety of conditions.
Chassis / Suspension
- Suspension with dual-rate coil springs for plush, progressive performance.
- Chassis with compact dimensions: 102.5-inch overall length and 73.1-inch wheelbase.
- Fifty-inch overall width allows transportation in a full-size pickup-truck bed and access to width-restricted trails.
- Single-function door and side nets open together as one unit via a twist-action door-release knob.
- Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear.
- Large, flat rear carrier offers a load capacity of 450 pounds and multiple hook points for tie-downs.
- Towing capacity of 1,000 pounds to take on tough jobs.
- Full line of Honda accessories adds weather protection, storage capacity and expanded functionality.
Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
Hard Roof, Full Poly Tip-Out Windscreen (Hard Coat), Wind Deflector, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Aluminum A-Arm Guards (front/rear), Aluminum Skid Plate, Underseat Storage Box, Cargo Tray, Front Underhood Tray, Winch, Winch Mount, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount, Plow Blade, Draw Bar, Hitch Ball, Work Light, Work Light Accessory Harness, Accessory Sub Harness, Back Up Alarm, Back Up Alarm Wire Harness, Horn Kit, Horn Kit Wire Harness, Fabric Roof/Rear Panel (Black and Camo), Bimini Top (Black and Camo), Full Poly TipOut Windscreen (Optical Grade), Storage Cover, Rubber Floor Mats, Rear Cab Net, Rearview Mirror, Fabric Doors (Black and Camo), Fabric Rear Panel, Cab Frame Cargo Bag, Rear Luggage Bag (Large and Small), Cargo Box, Light Bar, Auxiliary Lights, Light Bar/Auxiliary Lights Wire Harness, Flag with Mount, Side Mirrors
WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older