2018 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4 Features & Benefits
8/22/2017 4:00:00 PM
- FourTrax Foreman 4x4 (TRX500FM1)
- FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES EPS (TRX500FE2)
An unapologetic workaholic, Honda's Foreman® 4x4 craves long hours of faithful toiling, and as both variations of this durable ATV are equipped with swingarm rear suspension and an enclosed axle, they're more than up to the task. Now available in Shale Blue, the reliable Foreman has a locking front differential and is powered by a fuel-injected 500-class engine, and it's available with either a foot-shift manual transmission or push-button electric shifting. Bearing in mind all this and more, the Foreman 4x4 is prepared to put in long hours, and the standard handlebar-mounted assist light can be turned on when the sun goes down for even greater trail illumination.
Engine / Drivetrain
- Powerful liquid-cooled 475cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted in the frame allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design creates a compact engine for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- The Foreman's TraxLok® 2WD/4WD system offers three drive modes: 2WD; 4WD with TraxLok torque-sensing front differential; and a 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction.
- The Foreman 4x4 ES EPS model features a five-speed transmission with reverse and an ultra-low first gear, and Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program™ (ESP®) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing, for long-lasting performance.
Chassis / Suspension
- Double-cradle steel frame features the right amount of stiffness and torsional rigidity for precise handling and a smooth ride.
- Suspension features 7.3 inches of travel at both ends for a plush and controlled ride.
- Adjustable spring preload on all shocks allows suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Enclosed-axle type swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- Rubber swingarm-pivot bushings yield low-speed ride comfort and durability.
- Rear brake is located inside the right rear wheel for durability and ground
- One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- Aggressively styled bodywork provides mud and water protection. Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system with 35-watt headlights for a focused light-distribution pattern, resulting in great visibility after dark.
- Top assist light operates independently of front headlights so it can be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- Revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS) on EPS model.
- Three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism rigid for precise steering.
- AC generator output of 481 watts to allow powering electrical accessories.
- Meter display with functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- Fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers long filter life.
- Plastic CV joint boots are durable and tear-resistant.
- Sealed steering knuckle bearings for durability.
- Optimized rider triangle for maximum comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skid plate with integrated front brush guard.
Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
Winch, Winch Mount Kit, Skid Plate, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tubes, Plow Mount Kit, Rear Rack Bag, Front Rack Bag, Fender Bag, Outdoor Cover, Front A-Arm Guards, Rear A-Arm Guards, Windscreen, Heated Grips, Recoil Starter, Rear Bumper, Aluminum Wheels Front/Rear
WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
- Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older