2004 Honda Sportrax 400EX Features
9/1/2003 5:53:00 PM
With this high-performance sport model, Honda sets the class standard for superb handling, excellent power and durability.
Features & Benefits
New for 2004
• New Team Honda-inspired graphics.
• The 397cc RFVC™ engine draws its breath from the same engine that powers the bulletproof XR400R.
• The ultra-lightweight TRX400EX weighs only 375 pounds.
• Long-travel suspension exceeds that of even Honda's legendary TRX250R.
• Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
• Beautiful one-piece cast aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
• Radial tires for exceptional handling.
• Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
• Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
• High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
• Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
• Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
• Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
• Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
• Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
• 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and excellent driveability. An accelerator pump assures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
• Stainless steel dual exhaust headpipes resist corrosion.
• USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
• CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
• Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport ATV demands.
• High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
• Five-speed transmission with gears designed and ratios selected specifically for sport ATV use.
• Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
• One-piece cast aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa® shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
• Pro-Link® rear suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel.
• Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
• All Pro-Link components are made of aluminum to further reduce vehicle weight.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
• Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
• Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
• Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
• Convenient push-button electric starting.
• Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
• Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport ATV design.
• Plastic fuel tank is durable and won't rust.
• Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
• Snorkel-type airbox to avoid water and dirt contamination.
• Washable, two-stage large-capacity foam air filter.
• Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
• Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
• Tough steel front skidplate.
• Heavy-duty steel skidplate protects rear brake disc and sprocket.
• Engine cases protected by a tough urethane skidplate.
• Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Keyed ignition switch offers added security
• Multi-function handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Tool kit includes low-pressure air gauge and owner's manual.
• Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
• Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™. Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA® details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
• Flag kit.