2018 Honda CBR500R Features and Benefits
11/6/2017 6:28:00 PM
- CBR500R ABS
With a long list of world titles in MotoGP, World Superbike and World Supersport, Honda has a proud history in road racing. The CBR500R's styling reflects that heritage, but the model recognizes such real-world considerations as comfort, affordability and user-friendly performance. With bodywork inspired by the supersport CBR600RR and CBR1000RR, the CBR500R boasts great performance at an affordable price.
- The 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine, with same piston-bore size as CBR600RR, is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- Four-valve cylinder-head design incorporates a roller rocker arm for a more compact layout along with reduced friction.
- Shim-type valve-adjustment system allows incorporation of a lighter rocker arm setup that in turn allows for a lower valve-spring load to further reduce power losses through engine friction.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission.
- Short exhaust design yields good mass centralization and a throaty note.
- Sport bike riding position keeps the rider balanced in a comfortable, dynamic seating stance.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Big 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, real-time and average fuel consumption.
- The 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
- Bodywork with supersport styling provides a sharp, aggressive look and aerodynamic lines.
- Dual LED headlights and taillight for a sharp look and great visibility.
- Stepped, two-piece seat design with 30.0 in. height and a passenger strap.
- User-friendly hinged fuel cap.
- Front brake lever features a five-step adjustment mechanism to suit rider preference.
- Fork has external preload adjuster to allow adaptation to different situations (i.e., riding with passenger, cargo).
- Die-cast aluminum passenger foot pegs provide a sporty feel.
One-year, transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment