Acura Gains Drive American Honda Sales Results in February 2014
3/3/2014 5:56:00 PM
- Accord, Civic, CR-V and Odyssey continue sales momentum
- Acura light trucks rise 29.8 percent to set fifth consecutive monthly sales record
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported February 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 100,405 units. Acura light trucks bucked the February trend, gaining 29.8 percent for the month on sales of 7,482 units. The Honda Division recorded sales of 88,860.
Even as the mainstream U.S. auto market slowed from a year ago, 2013 best-sellers Accord, Civic and CR-V earned sales of more than 20,000 units each in February, while Odyssey continued to pull in positive numbers.
- Odyssey sales were up 4.6 percent with 8,945 units sold in February
- CR-V rose 0.4 percent on sales of 20,759 units
"With the overall market catching its breath we're pleased that core models like Accord, Civic and CR-V each continue to gain more than 20,000 new customers each month," said John Mendel, executive vice president of automobile sales at American Honda. "It just shows once again that when quality and value are baked into the product, consumers will beat a path to your door."
Acura light truck sales topped even last year's torrid pace with a fifth straight monthly record, rising 29.8 percent.
- Acura Division sales bucked market trends with an increase of 1.6 percent overall on sales of 11,545 units
- MDX sales continue to soar with a 54.9 percent increase on sales of 4,563 units last month
- RDX posted its 22nd consecutive monthly sales record with sales up 4.2 percent with 2,911 units sold
"Offering the comfort, connectivity and performance every luxury customer wants at a price no other luxury brand can match is clearly a winning formula for Acura light trucks," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. "With Acura trucks setting records month after month, we are creating great momentum for the introductions this year of the RLX Sport Hybrid and all-new TLX luxury performance sedan."
# # #